Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Twitter? Not my cup of tea, thank you

I'm truly amazed by the popularity of a site like Twitter. I joined about two years ago and up until today I still couldn't figure out why it's so popular. First of all, I find it a very cold an impersonal medium to communicate. It  seems to me most tweeters are using Twitter for advertising. Secondly, it looks like everyone on there speaks solo. Try as hard as I can I just never can catch up where certain remarks came from or to who it's directed. Thirdly, and the thing that annoys me most, it feels as if tweeters are speaking a strange language of their own. Most of the time I don't understand a word of it, perhaps because most of the time there is no word, just letters and digits etc. Here's some examples of what I mean:


 TrellDG(RSJ) 
 by PIMPSQUAD4LIFE



 siskatec 

, festival de humor peliculero en Twitter#lessambitiousmovies, festival de h... 


 Youssef 

RT @: hahaha leuke foto van yael 1,5 jaar geleden xd = Whahaha


 Seejay100 

My nan just spudded me like a G and said 


 Youssef 

Wb*


 3bia 

الاروااج الفااااسدة 


 buysellshort.net 

$CPST so close to breakout, can taste it! $1 sets it freeeeeeeeeee


 Tony Rocha 

 C-SPAN Goes Social: Streams 112th Congress Live on Facebook - TIME 


 May B. 
 by Callieballie123
holy shiat. these crazy dutch people can make anything trending : ''GROTE VUURBAL JONGUH''


 MaiteO PanchoR ♥ 
 by AmandoApazGomez
@ 
@ joasjoa gracias =)


 Alexandra ® 



 Kya Fark Padta hai 

Height of Optimism - All the People, you hate, eventually Die

So, tell me again, please - what makes Twitter so special?



No comments: