Sunday, January 9, 2011

The 10yr old who shot his mother dead

I can't believe the authorities put this little boy in a youth prison! I can just imagine how scared he must be, not to mention what the older inmates would do to him!

Jeez, I have a ten year old grandson and I can assure you he has no idea what murder means. That boy must have thought the weapon was a toy gun, have anyone thought of THAT possibility and take him out of an environment he doesn't belong! Please, remember he has lost his mother already, don't make him suffer for something he had no idea what he'd done. Or had the intention of killing her.

Years ago, we lived on a farm and because of all the murders on farmers in South Africa, I used to sleep with my pistol under my pillow at night. One morning I woke up from my 3yr old saying: "boom, boom, boom!" and when I opened my eyes, she was standing with my pistol in her hands, aiming directly at me! At that moment I was not scared for myself, I was petrified at the thought that she could have shot herself!

Adults must make sure firearms are under lock and key, then tragedies like these won't happen.

No comments: