Saturday, January 15, 2011

Our animals, the innocent and defenseless

This holiday I found 9 strayed dogs in the streets of our town, hungry, bewildered and so scared. How can pet owners leave their pets without food or water, of just drop them off somewhere in the hope that someone will care for them.

Dogs, especially, are so loyal to their owners. Yet, so many owners just don't care. We saved one dog from an empty house. He was tied to a to a pen in the ground, his leash so short he couldn't even stand upright. No food or water anywhere in sight. How could the owners moved out and left him tied up like that. Clearly they'd hoped he would die otherwise they wouldn't have done that. Its the ultimate form of cruelty.

The holidays have past and no one came to claim their dogs. With the other 5 I saved the previous holidays I have 15 dogs now. We don't have a dog shelter in our town, so I have to look after them. I hope to get donations so that I can keep doing it otherwise I don't know what is going to happen. I just can't afford to care for so many dogs unless I get help.

No comments: